How it Works - Purchasing Structured Settlements
Recipients of structured settlements are permitted to sell their deferred payment streams to a structured settlement buyer pursuant to state statutes that require certain disclosures, notice to the obligors and state court approval. Through such sales, we purchase structured settlements in a certain number of fixed, scheduled future settlement payments on a discounted basis in exchange for a single lump sum payment, thereby serving the liquidity needs of structured settlement holders.
Typically, the structured settlement purchase process works as follows:
- Step 1: The individual who has a structured settlement and needs access
to a lump sum, contacts our sales group.
- Step 2: We work with this individual to structure the number of payments
purchased for enough to provide a lump sum that will meet his/her needs.
- Step 3: We complete our underwriting process.
- Step 4: Upon satisfactory review, we work closely with the
customer through a court ordered process, where the transaction is reviewed
by a judge.
- Step 5: If approved, we conduct a final review of the court-approved transaction where we take the court ordered rights to the annuity payments and pay the customer a lump sum.
If you have any questions regarding structured settlement buyer options, contact our friendly customer representatives at 888-364-6775.